Pages

Tuesday 20 April 2010

how to be creative today

At work, in life, at home, in the track (for the runners among us!) and in the office, the secret to living life to the fullest is simply finding your own voice, your own niche and working from there to expand your space and scale of influence to the rest of the world.
Albert Einstein was the one who noticed it first."The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift".
So what are we doing to discover, savor and protect the gift? What are you going to do today?

Abraham Maslow, the sociologist who descibed our pyramid of needs, put it eloquently.
The key question isn't "What fosters creativity?" But it is why in God's name isn't everyone creative? Where was the human potential lost? How was it crippled? I think therefore a good question might be not why do people create? But why do people not create or innovate? We have got to abandon that sense of amazement in the face of creativity, as if it were a miracle if anybody created anything. 
So, how to be creative in our life and live it to the fullest? Starting today. From the small things. Get an idea or something you want to accomplish and start working towards this today. One step at a time. Ignore outside fastors as much as you can.
Try thinking outside of the box in any given circumstance, questioning yourself at any given point whether you are thinking outside of yourself or not. Be grateful you have been given this chance at life; just ask people who have been given a second chance at life themselves (heart attack sufferers, or survivors from airplane crashes) how their approach changed after their near-death experiences. They are perhaps good examples to follow.
What can I do to change anything today? For me, simply starting this blog is a way to discover my own voice, and to overcome my fears that I don't have one!I will try to overcome my inertia, which wins out sometimes, and open my senses to the world more.

Today is perhaps the day when this country, Greece, goes to the IMF, and the morale of the nation as at its lowest since I remember. This is the fight that we have to give. We need to make little steps towards improving outselves, a sign of not giving up.
Today I will make my yoga exercises to overcome my lingering injuries, I will start on another job application, I will sleep better, I will smile more, I will stop questioning the route my life is taking me, I will be content.
I hope you will be, too. 


Remembering my 2007 trip to Rwanda, a period in my life when I was alert, content and creative. Try to recreate this feeling today!

1 comment:

  1. V inspiring. Looking forward to more blogging soon x 2. -Your amiga in Vermont

    ReplyDelete